Photo: Lake Tahoe, CA
Hi there! I’m Tannaz
Therapy is the one place where you’re not expected to “have it all together”. It is the one place where you can be authentically and unapologetically yourself—where you can feel what you need to feel in order to grow and move forward with your life. Emotions are just energies that need to pass through our bodies. When we close our hearts off to the painful ones, we also close our hearts off to feeling the pleasures of life. Pain and happiness are two sides of the same coin; we cannot experience one without the other.
HOW I WORK
In session, I am often experienced as warm, genuine, dedicated and attuned to my clients; mind, body, and spirit. Although a lot of our work will be present and solution focused, together we will explore your past to deepen insight, make connections, and identify patterns of behavior that no longer serve you. I intuitively and empathetically tailor each session to my client’s unique circumstances and utilize a holistic approach that is supported by evidence based treatments like Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Emotion Focused Therapy, and Depth/Insight-Oriented Therapy. From our work together, you can expect to conquer your anxiety and depression, experience greater self-esteem, and enjoy enriched, long-lasting relationships.
I realize that searching for the right therapist can be stressful. It might be helpful to keep in mind that research has consistently shown that successful therapy is mostly dependent upon the quality of the relationship you have with your therapist. To make sure that we are the right fit before we officially begin working together, I offer a complimentary 15-minute phone consultation. If we deem you’d be best served somewhere else, I am happy to provide you with the appropriate referrals.
I’d be honored to be a part of your journey in creating the life you’ve always dreamed of and I look forward to welcoming you into my office soon.
• Loyola Marymount University B.A. in Psychology
• Pepperdine University, M.A. in Clinical Psychology
• CLARE Foundation // residential treatment center, Santa Monica, CA
• Family Wellness Center, Malibu, CA
• Salvation Army Bell Shelter// residential treatment center, Los Angeles, CA
• Paradigm Adolescent Treatment Center, Malibu, CA
PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS & AFFILIATIONS:
• Gottman Method Couples Therapist Level I
• Equine Therapy Group & Individual Facilitator
• California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT)
• Psi Chi International Honors Society in Psychology